Do you find that you are buying loads of little presents for friends? Can you remember what you bought last year? What do you get for them without it costing a fortune?
There are loads of cheap stocking filler Christmas presents in the shops to tempt us away from our hard-earned cash, but some of it is just rubbish and a few days after Christmas that’s where it will probably end up.
A few ways we can avoid the mountain of Christmas junk:
- Avoid stuff that will probably just break.
- Steer clear of stuff that has more packaging than product.
- Try doing a secret santa so that you can spend a little bit more on just one person but a lot less overall. That way you can probably find something a bit more useful.
Here are a few ideas for a more eco-friendly secret santa:
- A wind-up torch – £4.99 from Amazon
- An elephant poo jotter – £3.99 from Oxfam
- A voucher for downloading music
- Lip balm or hand cream – look out for products in recycled/recyclable plastic bottles or pots like the ones at the Body Shop
- Chocolates, look out for recyclable packaging such as paper and foil and check out the fairtrade products
Are you dreaming of a green Christmas?